LGBTQIA+ History Month
Sexuality and Gender Inclusion
1315 Beall Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
LGBTQIA+ History Month is celebrated with annual month-long observances of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender history, along with the history of the gay rights and related civil rights movements. National Coming Out Day (October 11th) and the March on Washington in 1979 are commemorated in the LGBTQIA+ community during LGBTQIA+ History Month.
2018 LGBTQIA+ History Month Events
1. Gender & SexualiTea: Queering the Climate
- Discuss and share LGBTQIA+ experiences at Wooster. Partnership with QPOC, QSU, and Dean of Students.
- Tues., Oct. 16 6pm; Compton 001
2. Queer Read-In Pt. 1
- “Reading Our Whole Selves” read-in is an opportunity to bring your favorite queer reading to share. Food provided.
- Wed., Oct. 24 12-1pm; Babcock Formal Lounge
3. Hump Night: Queer Read-In Pt. 2
- We will continue “Reading Our Whole Selves” collaboratively during the first half of Hump Night. Bring your favorite reading to share. Food provided.
- Wed., Oct. 24 8pm; Babcock Formal Lounge
4. Queer BBQ: QPOC & QSU Mixer
- Meet members of Queer People of Color and Queer Student Union.
- Sat. Oct 27 12-4pm; Bornhuetter Pavilion
5. Open House: New Space
- Stop by the new LGBTQIA+ inclusive space with name reveal!
- Mon. Oct 29, 12-5pm; Compton 001
2018 Holidays During LGBTQIA+ History Month
- National Coming Out Day: October 11th
- Spirit Day: October 18th
- Asexual Awareness Week: October 21st– 27th