Safe Zone Training
Sexuality and Gender Inclusion
1315 Beall Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
Safe Zone is a campus-wide program to provide a welcoming environment for all gender identities, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. Safe Zone establishes an identifiable network of individuals who agree to challenge oppression, promote an atmosphere of respect, and serve as a safe space in our community. This 2-hour training is for faculty, staff, and students.
By agreeing to become a participant in the Safe Zone Training Program, you agree to undergo training, educate yourself, promote an atmosphere of respect and civility, be a resource as best you can, listen, and provide support.
STUDENT Intro Trainings
- Wednesday, Feb. 3, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, Feb. 13, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Monday, Mar. 8, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
FACULTY/STAFF Intro Trainings
- Wednesday, Feb. 17, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm AND Wednesday, Feb. 24, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Friday, Mar. 19, 10:00 am – 11:00 am AND Friday, Mar. 19, 10:00 am – 11:00 am
Safe Zone 200 Training
The 200 level Safe Zone training explores more deeply or the intersections of specific topics with gender and sexuality better than can be covered in our introductory training. Training lasts one hour or 90 minutes (depending on the training) and will be interactive. Participants receive a small sticker that reflects each 200-level training they attend to place on their Safe Zone sign. Feel free to bring a bagged lunch when you join us.
Spring 2021 200 Level dates include:
200 Level: Creating an Antiracist LGBTQIA+ Community
- Monday, Feb. 15, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Monday, Mar. 29, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
200 Level: Intersex Advocacy
- Friday, Feb. 12, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Friday, Apr. 9, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
200 Level: Polyamory and Nonmonogamy
- Thursday, Mar. 4, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Thursday, Apr. 8, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
NEW: 200 Level Combo Training: Ace, Aro, and Gray Identities AND Bi, Pan, and Fluid Identities
- Wednesday, Mar. 3, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, Mar. 17, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
For a list of current faculty and staff who have been Safe Zone trained, click here.
For more information, contact SafeZone.
Safe Zone Facilitation
Safe Zone is facilitated by the staff in the Center for Diversity & Inclusion, Sexuality & Gender Inclusion and students in the Safe Zone Facilitator Program and students who are taking the Safe Zone Practicum course. Safe Zone Practicum is a 0.5 credit course where students gain experience with Safe Zone content, facilitations, and curriculum creation. If you are interested in assisting with Safe Zone trainings, please email SafeZone.