Microsoft Teams Spaces
Directions: Click on the time of your session to open the Microsoft Team STEM Zone space for that course.
Sessions with an "*" will hold their hours within the Microsoft Team set up for their specific class.
|BIOL 111||5 PM – Maresa||5 PM - Maresa|
|BIOL 201||12 PM - Hiku
8 PM - Ana
|8 PM - Ana||10 AM - Hiku||10 AM - Hiku and Ana|
|BIOL 202||12 PM - Mia||12 PM - Mia|
|CHEM 112||8 PM - Eran||2 PM–Marcel
8 PM - Shankar
|8 PM - Eran||12 PM–Sarah
8 PM- Shankar
|ESCI 105||8 PM – Hannah||8 PM - Hannah|
|ESCI 110||5 PM - Mazvita||1 PM - Mazvita|
|ESCI 120||2 PM – Kendra*||8 PM - Kendra*|
|ESCI 200||8 PM - Juda|
|NEURO 200||2 PM - Mahlet||2 PM - Mahlet|
|PHYS 108||4 PM - Andrew||4 PM - Andrew|
|PHYS 112||12 PM - Katie
4 PM - Ben
|6 PM - Ben||4 PM - Katie|
|Math 102||2 PM - Skylar||2 PM - Skylar|
|Math 108||2 PM - Tessa*|
|Math 111||10 AM - Pavithra||5 PM - Pavithra|
|Math 112||8 PM – Isaac||6 PM - Isaac||3 PM - Harriet||3 PM - Harriet|
|Data 201||6 PM – Maya||5 PM - Maya|
|CSCI 100||4 PM - Jemal||8 PM - Ivan||4 PM - Jemal
8 PM - Ivan
Expectations for ZIs:
- Begin your meeting >5 min. before your start time (e.g. join the meeting by at least 1:55 for a 2:00 meeting time.)
- Immediately turn on the closed captions (using the menu bar at the bottom of the window.)
- As the ZI, your video and sound should be turned “on.”
- When students join you will need to accept the student to the meeting and then promptly move them to an “attendee” using the “people” tab. (I assume students will be entering and exiting throughout the hour.)
- Once students enter, please begin recording the session.
- Please remind students to keep sound/video off unless they are asking a question. (Use your judgement, you can allow the students to keep video/sound on if only a handful are present and the session quality is not lost in doing so.)
- Use the White Board function, if helpful, and please screenshot each board before you erase it, for our Zone records (Go to gear symbol at the top right corner of the board and export – the screenshot will end up in your downloads folder.)
- Communicate session activity with me and your faculty supervisor in a timely manner. (Send an email with attendance names, a short summary of the meeting, any whiteboard screenshots, the chat questions/conversations, and any other relevant information.)
Expectations for students participating in the Virtual STEM Zone:
- Please enter the room with video and sound “off”.
- If only a handful of students are present in the meeting, you can adjust your settings to “on” if preferred and not disrupting the quality of the session.
- Please turn on your closed captions (using the menu bar at the bottom of the window) so you can best understand the ZI and the questions being asked.
- If you want to ask a question:
- Please utilize the Chat function to type out all questions you have (this will help the ZI make sure they address all questions and it will also serve as a space to record the questions for the faculty to see.)
- You can also turn on your video and sound to ask a face to face question if you prefer – but please make sure to also record that question in the chat.
- Remember this is an academic support provided by the College. Please dress and act appropriately.
* Please be aware that sessions will be recorded for both faculty and student use.