- B.A., Arcadia University, 2013, Chemistry, (mathematics-minor) Arcadia University, Glenside, PA
- Ph.D. Temple University, Chemistry with Ann M. Valentine Dissertation: Homeostasis and trafficking of hydrolysis-prone metals in cells, proteins, and small molecules
- Temple University Teaching in Higher Education Certificate
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Duke University, Durham, NC, 2019 – 2022, with Katherine J. Franz
Investigating how dopaminergic cells handle a disruption to metal ion homeostasis and identify how such a disruption can lead to metal-dependent dysfunction and disease.
Another enzyme of interest in the same pathway is iron-dependent tyrosine hydroxylase (TH). The Gallo Lab is working on expressing this enzyme in an established bacterial system to study how an imbalance of iron and other metals impacts activity
- Chemistry 111: General Chemistry I
- Chemistry 211: Organic Chemistry Lab I
- Chemistry 240: Inorganic Chemistry
- Chemistry 401: Introduction to Independent Study
- Chemistry 39903: Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Zoë Semersky ’23 (Biochemistry & Molecular Biology), Toward a Comprehensive Framework forInvestigating Copper Dyshomeostasis: The Role of His-Tag Modularity and Alternative Expression Systems in Evaluating Dopamine β-Hydroxylas
- N. Reznik, A. D. Gallo, K. W. Rush, G. Javitt, Y. Fridmann-Sirkis, T. Ilani, N.A. Nairner, S. Fishilevich, D. Gokhman, K. N. Chacón, K. J. Franz, D. Fass. “Intestinal mucin is a chaperone ofmultivalent copper” Cell, 2022, 185 (22), 4206-4215.
- Z. L. Semersky*, A. D. Gallo. “Recent insights into how metal ion dyshomeostasis disrupts dopamine beta-hydroxylase activity”. National American Chemical Society Meeting, Indianapolis, IN, March 26, 2023.
- A. D. Gallo. “From student to professor: Lessons in bioinorganic chemistry and beyond” Kenyon College, Gambier, OH, October 11, 2022.
- Reviewer for Dalton Transactions.
- Duke University (Guest Lecturer)
General Chemistry II Spring 2020, Spring 20
- American Chemical Society
- ACS Inorganic Chemistry Division
- International Society of Non-Binary Scientists
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Phi Beta Delta Honor Society