- B.A., Japanese Literature, Sagami Women’s University, 2003
- B.F.A., Theatre, Emporia State University, 2010
- M.F.A., Theatre, Minnesota State University, 2013
Naoko Skala is a scenic designer, scenic artist, props artisan and educator, who was raised in Japan.
Previously Naoko worked as an Assistant Professor of Practice in Scenic and Properties Design and Technology at Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ. She has taught courses such as Scenic Design, Drafting and Model Building for Theatre, Stagecraft, Asian Theatre, Independent Study of Digital Media for Theatre, Scene Painting, Props Design, Scenography for International Plays and Production Workshop.
Formerly, Naoko worked as a properties coordinator at Arizona Opera. She also taught a Scene Painting class at Arizona State University as a faculty associate and worked as a freelance scene designer/ scenic artist/ props artisan in Mankato, MN, Hilton Head, SC and Phoenix, AZ.
- THTD-10200 – Foundations of Theatrical Design
- THTD-29906 – Asian Theatre
- THTD-30201 – Topics Visual: Scenic Design