- B.A. Seattle University
- M.A. New York University
- Ph.D. Northwestern University
Cultural production, politics of representation, material culture, citizenship and national identity, migration and circulation, Middle East, Arabian Peninsula, gender
Introduction to Museum Studies
Peoples & Cultures: Middle East North Africa
Museums and Political Conflict
Migration, Globalization & Transnationalism
- 2020 “Challenging terms: contemporary art and the disciplining of novelty in the UAE.” Museum Anthropology 43 (2).
- 2017 “Authenticating an Emirati Art World: Claims of Tabula Rasa and Cultural Appropriation in the UAE.” Journal of Arabian Studies 7(1)12-27.
- 2016 “Critique as Infrastructure: Organic Growth and the Rise of Visual Arts Organizations in the UAE.” Future Imperfect: Contemporary Art Practices and Cultural Institutions in the Middle East, edited by Anthony Downey, 309-320. Berlin: Sternberg Press.
- American Anthropological Association
- Council for Museum Anthropology
- Middle East Studies Association
- Association for Modern & Contemporary Art of the Arab World, Iran & Turkey (AMCA)
- Fulbright IIE Fellowship
- Honorable Mention: Association for Gulf & Arabian Peninsula Studies Dissertation Award
- Honorable Mention: Student Paper Award, Middle East Section – AAA