- A.B., Lafayette College 1977
- M.A., University of Florida 1979
- Ph.D., University of Florida 1985
CCC-SLP/A, FAAA, LSLS Cert. AVT
Clinical efficacy of listening and spoken language teaching of children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Cochlear Implants, Auditory-Verbal Therapy or Auditory-Verbal Practice / Listening and Spoken Language teaching; Assessment of Communication for Children/Adults who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
- IDPT 101: First Year Seminar
- COMD 140: Speech and Hearing Clinic Practicum
- COMD 141: Introduction to Communication Sciences and Disorders
- COMD 144: Audiology Clinic Practicum
- COMD 145: Language Development in Children
- COMD 200: Special Topics in Communication (W) This I Believe; To Sign or Speak: Issues in Deafness
- COMD 244: Audiology (Fall/yearly)
- COMD 344: Speech and Hearing Sciences
- COMD 345: Advanced Seminar in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- COMD 370: Auditory Rehabilitation
- COMD 401: Junior Independent Study
- COMD 451: Senior Independent Study
Dr. Goldberg is co-author, with D. Pollack and N. Caleffe-Schenck, of Educational Audiology for the Limited Hearing Infant and Preschooler: An Auditory-Verbal Program (Charles C. Thomas, 1997), and has published extensively in outlets such as Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, Folia Phoniatrica, Volta Review, and Journal of the Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology.
Anne, S., Brown, K., Goldberg, D.M., Adunka, O., Chien, W., Buchman, C., Sydlowski, S., & Rousch, P. (In Press). Minimum test battery and referral criteria for cochlear implant candidacy evaluation for children with bilateral sensory hearing loss. Pediatric Hearing Loss Working Group of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
Sbeith, F., Liu, S., Appachi, S., Lee, M., Stillitano, G., Goldberg, D.M., & Anne, S. (2021). Outcomes with hearing aids in patients with Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder. American Journal of Otolaryngology.
Mahomva, C., Kim, A., Lieu, J., Goldberg, D.M., & Anne, S. (2021). Speech and language outcomes in mild-to-moderate unilateral sensorineural hearing loss. International Journal of Pediatric Otolaryngology, 141.
Joint Committee on Infant Hearing Position Statement (2019). Position Statement: Early Hearing Identification and Intervention. The Journal of Early Hearing Detection and Intervention, 4(2), 1-44.
Authors: Abrams, S., Adunka, O., Benedict, B., Buchman, C., Burk, P., Coverston, K., Crace, J., Goldberg, D.M., Grimes, A., Martin, B., Martin, P., McCreery, R., Megarian, C., Mehl, A., Moeller, M.P., Muse, C., St. John, R., Sette, A., Vohr, B., & Yoshinaga-Itano, C.
Goldberg, D.M., & Flexer, C. (2012). What is the history of auditory-verbal practice? (FAQ 2) In W. Estabrooks (Ed.). 101 frequently asked questions in auditory-verbal theory and practice: Listening and spoken language (pp. 6-9). Washington, DC: AG Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
Fitzpatrick, E., Rhoades, E., Dornan, D., Thomas, E., & Goldberg, D.M. (2012). What are the evidence-based outcomes of auditory-verbal practice? (FAQ 89) In W. Estabrooks (Ed.). 101 frequently asked questions in auditory-verbal theory and practice: Listening and spoken language (pp. 419-436). Washington, DC: AG Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. [author – Part 5: Outcomes For Children With Cochlear Implants – Cleveland Clinic and FAQ 89/Chapter Editor]
Goldberg, D.M., & Flexer, C. (2001). Auditory-verbal graduates: Outcome survey of clinical efficacy. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 12, 406-414.
Goldberg, D.M., & Flexer, C. (1993). Outcome survey of auditory-verbal graduates: Study of clinical efficacy. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 4 (3), 189-200.
- President, Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (2012-2014)
- President, AG Bell Academy of Listening and Spoken Language (2008-2010)
- President, National Association of Preprofessional Programs (NAPP) (2002-2003)
- Member, AG Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Member, American Academy of Audiology
- Member, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Member, Educational Audiology Association