- M.A., University of Amsterdam (American Studies) 2000
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota 2008
My research interests include political psychology, public opinion, political communication, and the presidency. I have published work on, among other things, media and politics, interpersonal discussion and agenda setting, depictions of the poor in U.S. media.
- PSCI 211: Congress
- PSCI 217: Media and Politics
- PSCI 219: The Voice of the People? Public Opinion and Voting Behavior
- PSCI 239: American Political Thought
- PSCI 350: Research Methods and Design
I have supervised Independent Study projects using a variety of methodological approaches and on many different topics in U.S. politics, including legislative-executive relations, public opinion, voting behavior, campaigns and elections, state politics, and judicial behavior.