- B.A., Mathematics, St. Mary’s College of Maryland, 2008
- M.S., Mathematics, North Carolina State University, 2013
- Ph.D., Mathematics, North Carolina State University, 2016
Areas of Interest
I joined the Wooster faculty as an Assistant Professor of Mathematics in Fall 2019. Prior to coming to Wooster, I was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Mathematical Biosciences Institute at The Ohio State University. In my research, I primarily use tools from algebraic geometry, algebraic statistics, and discrete mathematics to address questions in phylogenetics.
- MATH 215: Foundations of Advanced Mathematics
- MATH 212: Multivariate Calculus
- MATH 227: Operations Research
- DATA 325: Applied Data Science
- A New Approach to Agent-based models of Community Resource Management Based on the Analysis of Cheating, Monitoring, and Sanctioning, with Maya Lapp. Journal of Ecological Modelling 468 (2022).
- Hypothesis Testing With Rank Conditions in Phylogenetics, with Laura Kubatko. Frontiers in Genetics 12 (2021), 1062.
- Distinguishing Level-1 Networks on the Basis of Data Generated by Markov Processes, with Elizabeth Gross, Remie Janssen, Mark Jones, Yuki Murakami, and Leo Van Iersel. Journal of Mathematical Biology 83 (2021), 32.
- Initial Ideals of Pfaffian Ideals. J. Comm. Algebra, 12 (2020), no. 1, 91–105
- Phylogenetic Networks (with Elizabeth Gross and Joseph Rusinko) chapter in A Project-Based Guide to Undergraduate Research in Mathematics, Birkauser Basel, 2020, edited by Pamela Harris, Erik Insko, and Aaron Wooton.
- Species Tree Inference From Genomic Sequences Using the Log-det Distance (with Elizabeth S. Allman and John A. Rhodes). SIAM J. Appl. Algebra Geometry. 1 (2019), no. 1, 107–127
- Dimensions of Group-based Phylogenetic Mixture Varieties (with Hector Baños, Nathaniel Bushek, Ruth Davidson, Elizabeth Gross, Pamela Harris, Robert Krone, AJ Stewart, Robert Walker). Bull. Math. Biol. 81 (2019), no. 2, 316–336
- Identifiability and Reconstructibility of Species Phylogenies under a Modified Coalescent (with Laura Kubatko). Bull. Math. Biol. 81 (2019), no. 2, 408–430
- The Effect of Gene Flow on Coalescent-based Species Tree Inference (with Laura Kubatko). Syst. Biol. 67 (2018), no. 5, 770–785
- Distinguishing Phylogenetic Networks (with Elizabeth Gross). SIAM J. Appl. Algebra Geometry. 2 (2018), no. 1, 72–93