- B.A. Macalester College 2007
- M.A., Ph.D. Northwestern University 2011, 2016
Dr. Weber’s expertise includes modern and contemporary political theory, with a particular focus on language, discourse and argumentation in political thinking. Her area of specialization is the influence of Ludwig Wittgenstein and other language philosophers on political understanding and judgment. She teaches a variety of political theory courses.
She is currently working on a monograph about the role of teaching and learning in Wittgenstein’s biography and later work – and the implications for understanding our capacity to make meaning as well as judgments about meaning. In collaboration with renowned contemporary artist Paul Chan, she has contributed a critical introduction to a new edition of Wittgenstein’s Wörterbuch für Volksschulen [Dictionary for Elementary Schools] which will appear in November 2020.
- PSCI 130: Introduction to Political Theory
- PSCI 215: Constitutional Law and Appellate Advocacy
- PSCI 231: Modern Western Political Theory
- PSCI 232: Knowledge & Power
- PSCI 239: Political Theory in the International Arena
- PSCI 23909: Language & Politics