- B.Sc., University of Art, Tehran 2010
- M.A., Allameh Tabataba’i University, Tehran 2013
- Ph.D., Kansas State University 2020
Professor Goharipour’s most recent research examines different forms of visual representation of cities. Using urban theory and semiotics, he is working on a conceptual/methodological framework, called Urban Cinesemiotics, to interpret the physical and sociocultural aspects of cities in cinema. As a professional planner, he also has a few years of experience in working on different urban and regional projects in Kansas and especially in Tehran metropolitan area, including:
- Economic Impact Analysis of Industrial Parks in Pottawatomie County, KS;
- The First 5-Year Action Plan for the City of Tehran;
- Strategic Plan of Abas-Abad Lands in Tehran;
- Evaluation of the Tehran City-Region Plan.
- Urban Studies (Contemporary Urban Issues, Social Justice, Urban Theory, Community & Regional Planning)
- Interdisciplinarity (City & Cinema, Visual Methodologies, City & Football)
- Iranian Studies (Modern & Contemporary Iran, Iranian Cinema)
URBN 101: Contemporary Urban Issues
URBN 201: World Cities
SOCI 299: Social Justice & the City
- Narratives of a Lost Space: A Semiotic Analysis of Central Courtyards in Iranian Cinema. Frontiers of Architectural Research, Vol. 8, Issue 2.
- A Review of Urban Images of Tehran in the Iranian Post-revolution Cinema. In Arefian F., Moeini S. (Eds.) Urban Change in Iran. The Urban Book Series. Springer.
- Depicting the City in Iranian Films: 1930-2011. Quarterly Journal of Social Sciences, No.68, pp. 229-278.
- City-Image in Iranian and French New Wave Cinema: A Comparative Study. Journal of Architecture and Urban Planning, Vol. 6, No.12, pp. 5-22.
- Toward Urban Cinesemiotics: Context, Urban Theory and the Dynamicity of an Image-sign. American Association of Geographers (AAG) Annual Meeting, Washington D.C.
- Narratives of Crime, Violence, and Darkness: A Journey into Chicago in the 1980s. ACSP 59th Annual Conference, Greenville, South Carolina.
- City and Cinema: Analysis of Tehran’s Image in Iranian Narrative Cinema. Negarestan-e Andisheh, Tehran, Iran.
- Evaluation of Urban Management Performance based on Citizen Satisfaction with Municipal Services in City of Tehran. The IEEE International Conference on Social Science and Humanity, Singapore.
- Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning (ACSP)
- American Planning Association (APA)