- B.A., The College of Wooster, 1990
Senior Independent Study Thesis: The Crowded Walk: The Real Forces Behind the Montgomery Bus Boycott of 1955-1956
- M.L.S., Kent State University, 1994
My responsibilities in The College of Wooster Libraries include managing the Collection Management and Discovery Services department (acquisitions, cataloging, electronic resources, serials, and preservation) as well as overseeing the Libraries’ Federal Depository Library collection. I also provide bibliographic instruction and reference service, including individual consultations, for patrons including undergraduate students, faculty, and staff. I serve as the Libraries’ representative on the Five Colleges of Ohio government documents and cataloging subcommittees.
Librarian Liaison Departments/Areas
- Asian Studies
- Global and International Studies
- Government Publications
- Office of Information Technology
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Russian Studies
- Urban Studies
“Look Ma, No Wires: Demonstrating Web-Based Searches Without an Internet Connection,” College & Undergraduate Libraries, Vol. 9(2) 2002, p.43-46.
Biobibliography: Brady C. Williamson, Jr. Compiled by Mark D. Gooch. 2000.
Biobibliography: Janet Reno, Attorney General of the United States of America. Compiled by Mark D. Gooch. 1996.
Biobibliography: Stephen E. Gottlieb, 1995-96 Cleveland-Marshall Joseph C. Hostetler-Baker & Hostetler Professor of Law. Compiled by Mark D. Gooch. 1996.
“The Federal Register on the Web: Purdue’s World Wide Web Site.” The Internet Connection Your Guide to Government Resources, November/ December 1995.
- Co-presented with Mary Prophet (Denison University), Paul Heyde (Cleveland Health Science Library), and Ella Shur (Case Western Reserve University) “SHA in Action: CONSORT and Case Western Reserve” a U.S. Government Publishing Office webinar, July 15, 2015
- Summer faculty study leave, The College of Wooster (Summer 2013)
- “A Laptop Mobile Learning Lab for Use in CoRE” A Proposal for the Hewlett-Melon Fund for Institutional Renewal, February, 2012 (Grant request was converted into an Information Technology department funded project)
- Co-presented with Ellen P. Conrad (Denison University), Andrea Peakovic (Kenyon College), and Mary Webb Prophet (Denison University) “Getting Our Docs in a Row: The CONSORT Colleges Consolidate Four Collections” at the Federal Depository Library Conference, October 20, 2008, Washington, D.C.
- Recipient, Academic Library Association of Ohio Legislative Advocacy Travel Award (May 2006)
- Summer faculty study leave, The College of Wooster (Summer 2005)
- With Dr. Boubacar N’Diaye received a mini-grant from Mellon-funded “Integrating Information Literacy into the Liberal Arts Curriculum” grant to integrate information literacy into his Introduction to Africa course (Summer-Fall 2003)
- Co-presented with Linda Bills (Haverford College), Margo Warner Curl (CONSORT Colleges), Karen Greever (Kenyon College), Earl Griffith (Denison University), Xudong Jin (Ohio Wesleyan University), Michael Kasper (Amherst College), Robert Kieft (Haverford College), and Eric Pumroy (Bryn Mawr College) “Collaborative Collection Management for Libraries in Consortia,” an ACRL Pre-Conference Workshop, April 10, 2003, Charlotte, NC.
- Co-presented with Barbara Selbie (University of Virginia Law Library) “Important Legal Resources (Yes, even in your non-law libray),” Federal Depository Library Conference, October 16, 2001, Washington, D.C.
- “The Cleveland-Marshall College of Law World Wide Web Site,” with Michael J. Slinger, Presentation to the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Visiting Committee, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, December 15, 1999.
- “Information Resources on the World Wide Web,” Presentation to visiting African delegation of judges and attorneys, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, March 16, 1999.
- “Search Tips for the World Wide Web,” Presentation to editorial staff of Crains Cleveland Business, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, June 1, 1998.
- “An Introduction to the World Wide Web and Its Resources,” Presentation to the Cleveland-area Corporate General Counsels, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, December 9, 1998.
- Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association, Continuing Legal Education, “An Introduction to the World Wide Web for Lawyers,” March 14, 1998.
- Academic Library Association of Ohio, 1997 Annual Conference, “Webifying the Classroom Experience,” October 31, 1997.
- “Surfing with Ted” segment on WEWS Channel 5 (Cleveland). Interviewed by news anchor Ted Henry regarding Internet search engines, May 20, 1997.
- Member, National Institute for Technology and Liberal Education (NITLE) Midwest Advisory Board (formerly Midwest Instructional Technology Center), (2004-2007)
- Member, Ohio Government Documents Roundtable
- President (1999-2000, 2007-08)
- President-elect/program chair (2006-07)
- President-elect/program chair (1998-99)
- Member, American Library Association
- Government Documents Roundtable
- Member, American Association of Law Libraries
- Member, Academic Library Association of Ohio