- B.A., Trent University 1998
- M.A., McGill University, 1999
- Ph.D., McGill University, 2013
- History of Medicine, with focus on Women’s medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology, drugs and pharmaceutics
- History of Science and Technology
- History of the Body
- History of Pain
- History of Materia Medica
- Global Asia and Asian Diaspora
- Geographic focus on East Asia, Southeast Asia and Indian Ocean
- Gender and Feminism
- History of Pain
- History of Body
- Body and Nation
- Family in Chinese History
- Chinese Civilization
- Modern China
- Modern Japan
- Vietnam’s War of Resistance
“The Use of Pain in Determining the Progress of Childbirth in Shichan lun” Journal of East Asian Science, Technology, and Medicine 48 (2018): 81-124.
Lincoln C. Chen, Michael R. Reich, and Jennifer Ryan, edited. Medical Education in East Asia: Past and Future (Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2017). Canadian Journal of History, Volume 54, Number 3, Winter / hiver 2019, pp. 391-393.
Angela Ki Che Leung and Izumi Nakayama, eds. Gender, Health, and History in Modern East Asia (Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press, 2017). Medical History: An International Journal for the History of Medicine and Related Sciences Volume 63 Issue 1 (2018), pp. 96-98.
Roberta Zavoretti. Rural Origins, City Lives: Class & Place in Contemporary China. (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 2017). Women and Gender in Chinese Studies Review 2018.
Yang Binbin. Heroines of the Qing: Exemplary Women Tell Their Stories by Yang Binbin. (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 2017). Women and Gender in Chinese Studies Review 2017. http://www.wagnet.ox.ac.uk/wagrev/journals/articles/01206.pdf
Luo Manling. Literati Storytelling in Late Medieval China. (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 2015). Women and Gender in Chinese Studies Review 2015.
Paola Zamperini. Lost Bodies: Prostitution and Masculinity in Chinese Fiction. (Leiden: Brill, 2010). Women and Gender in Chinese Studies Review 2011.