- B.A., Amherst College 1985
- M.Ed., University of Massachusetts 1986
- M.S., Syracuse University 1988
- Ph.D., Syracuse University 1994
- Transition to Advanced Mathematics
- Real Analysis I and II
- Calculus with Algebra A
- Calculus for Social Sciences
- Calculus and Analytic Geometry II
- Multivariate Calculus
- Discrete Mathematics
- Combinatorics and Graph Theory
- Complex Analysis
- Linear Algebra
- Problem Seminar
- First Year Seminar
- Functional Analysis
- To Each Their Own: Students Asking Questions Through Individualized Math Projects, S.A. Cook, J. Hartman, P.B. Pierce & N.S. Seaders, PRIMUS, Volume 27, Iss. 2, 2017.
- Conquer the World with Markov Chains, (with Robert Wooster) Math Horizons, April 2015.
- Developing Research Skills Across the Undergraduate Curriculum (book chapter) with L. Coates, A. Fraser, and S. Gray, in Enhancing and Expanding Undergraduate Research: A Systems Approach, pp. 145-168, 2015.
- Pierce, P., Math-Flavored Budapest, MAA Focus, December 2011/January 2012, pp. 16-17.
- The Circle Squaring Problem Decomposed (with John Ramsay, Hannah Roberts, Nancy Tinoza, Jeffrey Willert, and Wenyuan Wu) Math Horizons, November 2009.
- A New Sequence Based on Translations-Only Dissections of Regular 2n-gons (with J. Willert* and W. Wu*), Proceedings of the Midstates Conference for Undergraduate Research in Computer Science and Mathematics, The College of Wooster, November 2008, pp. 27-36.
- Sequence A141292 in The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences (with J. Willert* and W. Wu*), published electronically at http://oeis.org/A141292″ by N.J.A. Sloane (2008).
- On Some High Indices Theorems III (with M. Schramm and D. Waterman), Analysis, 28 (2008), pp. 367-373.
- Making the Mathematics Major Work for the Under-Prepared Student (with B. Gold, J. Ramsay, and L. Taalman), MAA Focus, Vol. 28, Issue 4, April 2008.
- The Circle Squaring Problem Dissected (with M. Rhollans* and J. Willert*), Proceedings of the Midstates Conference for Undergraduate Research in Computer Science and Mathematics, John Carroll University, November 2007, pp. 27-36.
- Some Generalizations of the Notion of Bounded Variation (with D. Velleman), The American Mathematical Monthly, Vol. 13, No.10, December 2006.
- Don’t Bet on Gambling to Strike it Rich – a column for the Wooster Daily Record, June 2004.
- On the Invariance of the Classes ΦBV, ΛBV Under Composition (with D. Waterman), Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 132 (2004), pp. 755-760.
- A Δ2-Equivalent Condition (with D. Waterman), Real Analysis Exchange, 26 (2001), pp. 651-655.
- Bounded Variation in the Mean (with D. Waterman), Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 128 (2000), pp. 2593-2596.
- Regulated Functions Whose Fourier Series Converge for Every Change of Variable (with D. Waterman), Journal of Mathematical Analysis and its Applications, 214 (1997), pp. 264-282.
- Mathematical Association of America
- Association for Women in Mathematics
- Ohio Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- MAA’s Trevor Evans Award for best paper to appear in Math Horizons, 2009