The College of Wooster is proud to return to an in-person Senior Research Symposium in 2022. Seniors will have the choice to participate in an in-person symposium on Friday, April 29 as well as a virtual symposium in the evening of Thursday, April 28.
How to Participate:
1. Submit a pre-recorded narrated PPT, video, or digital poster to be housed on your own personal IS website
Webpages will go live on April 28 (the day before Senior Research Symposium) so the chats with friends & family can start that evening. Then be sure to check back during in-person Symposium the following day to see what new comments and questions have been posted. The comments will close Friday at midnight, but the webpages will stay live so you can return—and/or send other friends, family, and supporters to check them out! Here is a link to last year’s Symposium website. Recent graduates have also found these webpages to be helpful in their job searches and have added the link to their resumes.
2. Apply to present LIVE on Friday, April 29
In-Person Poster Presentations
Posters will be displayed throughout Scot Center. Posters will remain up all day, but each student will be scheduled for a 2-hour block to engage with visitors.
Livestream Lightning Presentation Sessions (3-5 minutes)
These will be hosted in Gault Recital Hall (Scheide Hall) and livestreamed from 9am-4pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time; UTC -4). Presentations will be organized into thematic sessions with time for audience Q&A.
Livestream Performances & Demonstrations (5-10 minutes)
Creative presentations & research demonstrations are encouraged for the main stage in Gault Recital Hall. There will also be art exhibitions in the Art Museum.
Conference-style Oral presentations (10-15 minutes)
Faculty & staff-moderated conference panels will be hosted in Wilson Governance Room from 8am-4pm.
Creating Posters & Presentations with Educational Technology
- Tuesday, April 5, 4:00-5:30 pm in CoRE (Andrews Library)
- Thursday, April 14, 7:00-8:30 pm in CoRE (Andrews Library)
Planning Engaging Oral Presentations with APEX and the Writing Center
- Tuesday, April 12, 4:00-5:30 pm in CoRE (Andrews Library)
- And/or set up a one-on-one appointment with our staff at The Writing Center or with Cathy McConnell in APEX
The deadline for submissions is Monday, April 18 @ midnight. Please be sure to have all of your materials ready to submit at the same time.Click here to start your submission
All submissions will require:
- Your name as you want it to appear on the page and event program
- Title of your project
- Name(s) of your advisors
- Major(s) & Minor(s)
- 250-word abstract
- Headshot (optional, but highly encouraged)
For your IS webpage, you will need: Your pre-recorded submission for the website (narrated PPT, video, images, digital poster or 400-word writeup.
If you want to do an in-person presentation on Friday, April 29, choose ONE of the following options (materials needed for each are in italics):
- Poster Presentation in Scot Center: Submit completed digital poster files and we will print and deliver the poster to Scot Center for you on April 29.
- Oral Presentation – Conference-Style (10-15 minutes): Submit completed PowerPoint slides and we will pre-load them for your session on April 29.
- Livestreamed Oral Presentation – Lightning Talk (3-5 minutes): Submit completed PowerPoint slides and we will pre-load them for your session on April 29.
- Creative Presentations (performances, installations) & Research Demonstrations: Submit a brief explanation about how you would like to present your work on the Live Stage in Gault Recital Hall and we’ll be in touch to figure out the details.
And don’t forget about Symposium Prizes! All of those who submit materials will be automatically entered in broad categories like Most Engaging Poster, Best Video, Most Creative Slideshow, and more. If you would like to be considered for themed prizes, including but not limited to: Critical Digital Engagement; Equity, Inclusion & Diversity; and Sustainability & the Environment, send a brief rationale (~250 words) to Lindsey Millan at email@example.com by April 18. Learn more about each of these Awards. Rationales will be forwarded to the prize committee(s) with a link to your Symposium website once it is created and we’ll announce the winners the day of Symposium!