Wooster convenes 152nd academic year at Convocation
A calling together of the campus community
The College of Wooster held its Convocation, Thursday, August 26 at 11 a.m. outside at John Papp Stadium to provide plenty of space for a large group to gather safely. This annual tradition is a shared gathering to celebrate the opening of the year together, with students, staff, and faculty.
The 2021 Convocation encompassed many of our convocation traditions, including seniors marching in their graduation robes as well as faculty processing, and also created new traditions to welcome everyone.
The program included brief comments from staff, faculty, and students as well as our Chaplain Erin Guzmán, President Sarah Bolton and Provost Lisa Perfetti, who welcomed our new colleagues and led us in celebration of those who have recently been promoted to new roles.
Fall 2021 faculty, staff, and student speakers include:
- Bijeta Lamichhane ’22, president of the International Student Association
- Emmy Todd ’22, president of Scot Council
- Laura Sirot, associate professor of biology
- Paul Seling ’09, co-chair of Staff Committee and Assistant Director of Volunteer Engagement with the Office of Advancement
- Rondell Mackey Jr. ’22, president of NAACP
- Seven Townsel ’22, vice president of Black Student Association and vice president of NAACP
View the archived livestream of the 2021 Convocation
Posted in News.