Kimberly Hall ’10 Recognized as an Emerging Leader by Local Group

Kimberly Hall ’10

WOOSTER, Ohio – Kimberly Hall ’10, a local College of Wooster alumna and employment law and litigation attorney at Critchfield, Critchfield & Johnston, received the ATHENA Young Professional Award, recently presented by the Wayne County Women’s Network. The honor recognizes emerging women leaders who demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession, and provide valuable service by devoting time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.

“I feel very honored to receive this award, especially alongside this year’s ATHENA recipient, Becky Foster,” stated Hall. “I look at the long line of women who won this award before me and I am proud to join the group. I want to thank the awesome women and men at my firm and in my community who have mentored me and helped get me to where I am today.”

Hall views the focus of her practice as an opportunity “to assist businesses with complying with employment laws and navigate difficult issues.” She counsels employers on various legal matters and specializes in helping them abide by the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. She has experience defending employers in collective action/class action wages and hour lawsuits at both the state and federal levels.

Hall, a Phi Beta Kappa honoree at Wooster, noted her undergraduate experience developed one integral skill that she utilizes today on a daily basis. “Probably the most important skill I improved on at Wooster was writing, which is critical to the work I do. I write every day doing motions and briefs, and my education at Wooster taught me fundamentals I built on at law school,” the psychology major remarked.

Wooster also expects every graduate to come away with an ambition for social and intellectual responsibility, a core value that has influenced Hall in generously giving back to her community today. “My time at the College instilled in me the importance of serving our community. (As a student), I was a member of the Wooster Volunteer Network, which strengthened my passion for volunteerism,” she confirmed. “It was also during my years at the College that I began volunteering for Liberty Center Connections (now OneEighty, Inc.), and now I have the opportunity to serve on OneEighty’s board of trustees.” She is a board member of a number of other civil organizations: the Holmes County Economic Development Council, the Heartland, Stark & Muskingum Lakes Chapter of the American Red Cross, and the Wayne County Humane Society.

With Hall’s obvious dedication and leadership to her professional work and in the local community, the ATHENA Young Professional Award may be the first in a long line of significant honors for the inspiring Wooster alumna.

Posted in News on June 1, 2020.