All events are mandatory unless otherwise noted below. Due to current health and safety protocols, there will not be family programming. Families are asked to limit their time on campus. The following itinerary is subject to change. Detailed information on COVID-19 policies and procedures, including quarantine will be provided soon. Please read the current Fall 2021 Campus Guide for current safety information. If you have questions about International Student Orientation, please contact Hannah Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students arriving by car or by plane must complete the mandatory arrival form.
Wednesday, August 18th
- 4pm: Students may move into campus
- 5:30pm: A shuttle bus will pick up students from Cleveland Hopkins International airport
- Students who do not make the late afternoon shuttle bus to campus can stay overnight in Cleveland. A block of rooms has been reserved at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at a group price of $89/night before taxes and fees. The hotel is accessible by a complimentary 24/7 airport shuttle. Reservations can be made here: Select a Room (ihg.com). The group code for the reservation is: COW Students are responsible for booking their own room and payment. The cutoff date to make a reservation is August 6th, 2021.
- Optional dinner with International Student Orientation Committee (ISOC) and game night
Thursday, August 19th
- 9-10am (Exact time TBD): A shuttle bus will pick up students staying overnight at the Crowne Plaza hotel and who have arrived at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport in the morning to bring them to campus. The shuttle bus from the airport will leave based on student demand.
- 12pm: International Student Orientation will begin promptly with a welcome lunch.
- 1:30-5pm: Information Sessions
- 5-6:30pm: Dinner
- 6:30pm: Optional trip to Walmart to pick up necessities
- 8pm: Optional Lawn Games
Friday, August 20th
- 7:30-8:15am: Optional Breakfast at Lowry Student Center
- 8:45am-12:40pm: ISO sessions. Continental Breakfast Provided.
- 12:40-1:40pm: Group lunch
- 1:50-5pm: ISO sessions
- 5pm: Group Dinner
- 7pm: Optional evening community activity
Saturday, August 21st
- 9-10am: ISO sessions. Breakfast provided.
- 10am: Explore Downtown Wooster and Wooster’s Farmer Market with ISOC groups
Sunday, August 22nd
- 1-4pm: First Year Move In and the start of mandatory New Student Orientation!
- 7pm: Floor Meetings with Resident Assistants/
New International Student Checklist
New international students are asked to please complete the following checklist by the dates provided. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Hannah Thomas at email@example.com if you have any questions.
|New International Student Checklist for Fall 2021|
|July 30||International student arrival form is due.|
|August 1||Print your Lewermark insurance card and review your international student health insurance information.|
|August 9||Email .pdf, .png, or .jpeg scans of important documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents to send:
|August 11||Fill out COVID-19 vaccination information on ScotWeb.|