The Sophomore Research Program provides opportunities for students to work as paid research assistants to Wooster faculty members. Through this program students become true partners with faculty in the research process and acquire an understanding of the process involved in conducting research.
Faculty members in any academic department are able to hire Sophomore Research Assistants.The deadline for Fall 2015 applications is August 31, 2015.
Students are eligible to participate in the program from the second semester of their first year through the first semester of their junior year. Sophomore Research Assistants generally work three -seven hours per week for the semester and 35-40 hours per week during the summer.
Additional benefits for participants in this program include:
- providing excellent preparation for future academic endeavors, such as Independent Study.
- effective orientation with using the library.
- learning to operate new equipment and computer programs.
- enhancing critical thinking and writing skills.
- building positive and mentoring relationships with faculty members.
The application deadline for Fall 2015 is September 16, 2015.