Academic Registration and Creative Horizons
All incoming students must attend one ARCH session in June. ARCH is your opportunity to learn more about academics at Wooster, meet some of your future Wooster mentors and classmates, and ultimately register for your first semester classes. We are planning for in-person and virtual options.Sign up for ARCH through the Admissions Portal
|Summer 2022 ARCH Sessions||Format||Days||Dates|
|ARCH 1||Virtual||Wednesday-Thursday||June 15-16|
|ARCH 2||In-Person||Monday-Tuesday||June 20-21|
|ARCH 3||In-Person||Friday-Saturday||June 24-25|
|ARCH 4||Virtual||Monday-Tuesday||June 27-28|
|ARCH 5||In-Person||Thursday-Friday||June 30-July 1|
Students will stay overnight in a residence hall, participate in information sessions, enjoy fun activities, and meet with an advising and mentoring team to select and register for your first semester classes. We encourage one or two family members to accompany you and we will have sessions for them as well.
Day 1: Check in to Residence Hall, learn about academics at Wooster, take placement exams, consider areas of study that interest you, hang out with your fellow classmates.
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm | Check In
- 2:00 – 3:30 pm | Students and families will meet in small groups with a faculty, staff, and student ARCHer team
- 3:30 – 8:30 pm | Students will continue meeting with their small group and have dinner with their student ARCHer
- 3:30 – 5:30 pm | Families will meet with Academic Affairs and Dean of Students staff
Day 2: Meet with your faculty advisor, staff mentor, and ARCHer to select your classes and register, attend the Resource Fair.
- 7:30 am – 1:00 pm | Students will have individual advising appointments and register for courses
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm | Resource Fair for students and families
- 11:00 am – noon | Disability and Accommodations information session with Academic Resource Center staff (optional for both students and families)
Family members are invited to attend sessions on both days specifically designed to introduce our Wooster curriculum, resources, and support for students as they transition to college and Wooster.
Please note that all students must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend in-person ARCH. See the New Student Checklist for more information.
Students will attend virtual sessions, participate in fun Zoom activities, and meet with an advising and mentoring team to select and register for your first semester classes.
Day 1: Attend Course Planning Meeting with staff mentor and ARCHer to learn about academics at Wooster and consider areas of study that interest you. Plan for two (2) hours.
Day 2: Attend Course Registration Meeting with faculty advisor and ARCHer to select your classes and register. Plan for one (1) hour.
We will have recorded family sessions for family members as well.Sign up for ARCH Through the Admissions Portal
The form asks you some questions that help us get to know you and to be prepared to assist you with your educational planning. We recommend checking the box to receive an email of your responses.
New Student Checklist
Before you attend ARCH, there are several tasks you need to complete.