The Alumni Board is an elected advisory group of The Alumni Association of The College of Wooster. The Alumni Board participates in meetings and a variety of activities to support students, alumni, and the mission of the College. To learn more about the board, please see our Alumni Board Handbook.
If you are interested in nominating a fellow alumna/us to serve on the Alumni Board, please complete the online alumni leadership form or contact the Assistant Vice President for Alumni and Family Engagement by phone at 330-263-2533.
If you wish to contact an Alumni Board member, please email the Assistant Vice President for Alumni and Family Engagement, Steve Crawford.
Article I – Alumni Association and Alumni Board
- The Alumni Association (the “Alumni Association”) of The College of Wooster (the “College”) is an informal, unincorporated organization that includes all alumni, parents of alumni and recipients of honorary degrees from the College. An alumnus is defined by the College as any individual who has attended the College for one or more quarters or semesters and has passed the date of intended graduation.
- The Alumni Board is an advisory organization (not a fiduciary board) that provides leadership to and supports the Alumni Association in the accomplishment of its purposes, acts on behalf of the Alumni Association, and confers with and supports the College’s advancement, development and engagement functions.
The purposes of the Alumni Board are to:
- provide strategic and technical guidance to the leadership of the College in the areas of alumni, parent, and friend engagement to build a vibrant community of volunteers, active and informed participants, and strong advocates and supporters to guide the College into its future.
- assist in the effective engagement of current and future philanthropic and volunteer leaders who, in turn, will provide the resources and guidance the College needs to thrive as a distinguished independent liberal arts college in a complex and interdependent world.
- advise the Vice President for Advancement, the Director of Alumni & Parent Engagement and other appropriate officials of the College on programs, activities and outreach related to alumni and other stakeholders.