Wooster academic departments work with partner organizations through unique programs to share expertise, resources, and/or instruments
College of Wooster faculty work with partner organizations to explore potential for mutually beneficial collaborations. Partnerships with academic departments can range from one-time collaborations to semester or annual commitments. These collaborations can range from running tests on specialized College-owned equipment to work that is included in class curriculum to skilled research in various disciplines.
Benefits to Partner Organizations:
- Gain access to resources, equipment, and/or expertise of Wooster faculty and students
- Benefit from tangible outcomes with minimal management or oversight of student employees
- Wooster students and faculty may bring new aptitudes, different perspectives, expertise, comfort with technology and social media, etc.
- Introduction to Wooster students that may lead to full-time employment
Benefits to Participants:
- Opportunity to apply classroom knowledge and skills to a real-world work experience
- Gain relevant experience and develop new skills
- Strengthen ties to the community
- Meet new people and broaden professional and personal networks
- Sometimes meet a course requirement
Great, I’m in! How do I start?
To explore ways to connect, organizations wishing to work with academic departments at The College of Wooster should contact:
Associate Director of Community Engagement