Pathways Program Coordinator
Andrews Library 055
Match your passions with your career pursuits as part of Wooster's new Pathway programs. Gain the skills sought after by employers and grad schools through hands-on experiences and career exploration, while earning credit towards graduation.
Pathways are optional, interdisciplinary programs distinct from majors and minors that bring together academic interests, hands-on experiences, and career exploration. For students who are interested in exploring careers perhaps related to but not defined within a major or minor at Wooster, pathways can offer flexible and personalized ways to learn more about a field of interest, gain related experience and skills, and connect with experts. Whether your career interests align perfectly with your major or slightly outside of it, pathways are multifaceted opportunities to explore these interests in ways that are meaningful to you.
Each pathway includes :
- Experiential learning (EL) opportunities (typically 1-2 experiences, such as an internship, off-campus study, campus job, or service project)
- Reflection (exercises that help students make connections between courses, experiences, and long-term goals)
- Coursework (typically 3-4 courses)
Upon completion of a Pathways program, students will be able to:
- Articulate the knowledge and skills they’ve accumulated within the pathway
- Articulate how this knowledge and these skills can be applied to a career beyond Wooster
Pathways are available for first-and second-year students and for third-year students in their first semester.
For additional questions or information about the Pathways Program, please review the FAQs page or contact Coral Ciupak, Pathways Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are here to help! Drop in to the Pathways channel on Wired Wednesdays between 1:30-4PM and ask to talk with a Pathways Peer Advisor, or schedule an individual appointment with them through Handshake.
The Pathways Coordinator is also available to meet with you — book a meeting here.