High School and Independent Counselors
847 College Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
We understand the important role you play in a student's college search, and we hope to provide you with the resources you need to help them navigate the process. Stay updated on Wooster news and counselor events and help us learn more about you here.
New York Times columnist Ron Lieber praises Wooster for its exceptional combination of quality faculty, affordability, and undergraduate research in his new book, The Price You Pay for College. Lieber devotes an entire chapter to answering How the College of Wooster Puts It All Together, highlighting Wooster’s up-front attitude in helping prospective students understand the financial package they will receive and the satisfaction students get from faculty mentorship.
Following guidance from local, state and national health organizations, Wooster is welcoming individual visitors to campus. Please read our Admissions Visitor FAQs to prepare for your time on campus. We will keep you updated through email communication and the website regarding expanded on-campus visit opportunities.
Or, please encourage your students and families to participate in one of our virtual opportunities.
If you would like to plan an individual visit to campus, please contact Coordinator of Counselor Relations April Gamble and she will assist you in finding a time and date for a campus tour. Given campus restrictions, we are only offering individual tours and an opportunity to meet and talk with one of our admissions staff. We would be happy to provide a one-night hotel stay in Wooster to support your travel planning.
Virtual Connections for Counselors
- Counselor-only, live virtual tours featuring two current Wooster students, with time for questions.
- Save the date! Join us on April 16 as we celebrate and showcase our seniors' research and creative projects during the annual I.S. Symposium. We will share details and registration for this virtual event soon.
- Wooster College Search Workshop Week - Watch and share recordings of our admissions representatives' tips and tricks for students navigating the college search and admissions process.
Please contact April Gamble, Coordinator of Counselor Relations, for any other requests or help in setting up any of these events.
Learn More About Wooster
- Fast Facts on enrollment, faculty, tuition, student success and more.
- Application process and timeline
- Test-optional policy
- Generous merit aid and scholarship opportunities.
- Global community of diverse and active students.
- Our custom Early Aid Estimator (EAE) helps high school seniors estimate their merit and financial aid package at Wooster. Available each year from August to December.
- Use our Interactive Map to contact an admissions counselor in a specific geographic area.
- Contact Reon Sines-Sheaff, Director of International Admissions, if you work with international students or students living abroad.
- Campus updates related to the pandemic.
International Baccalaureate and Wooster
Wooster welcomes students who are involved with the IB curriculum, recognizing the rigor and richness of their high school experience.
Questions & Concerns
Please contact April Gamble, Coordinator of Counselor Relations, at 330-263-2201.